LOCATION: Head Office
REPORTS TO: Group Finance Director
SALARY: £45,000 - £60,000 per annum paid monthly (£5,000 car allowance for 5,000 miles)
OVERTIME: Nil – overtime is not paid
Full sick pay as per Company Policy
8:00 to 16:30 Monday to Friday with a 30 minute unpaid lunch 12:00 to 12:30.
10% pension contribution
Perkbox after 3 months.
To deliver key management information for the Group and its subsidiaries. Providing consolidated management information to the Group Board.
Design and provide regular and ad hoc reporting, to assist both the local Boards and the wider On Line Group in decision making. Consider and utilise the systems available in order to assist in the automation of reporting where appropriate.
The key duties of the post are as follows: -
- Prepare and submit monthly financial KPIs with high level commentary to the Board;
- Prepare and present detailed quarterly financial statements and detailed quarterly management accounts;
- Prepare budgets, forecast including sensitivity modelling;
- Managing and optimising working capital;
- Calculation of Work in Progress valuation on a monthly basis;
- Calculate variance analysis and provide commentary;
- Become knowledgeable about the responsiveness to the characteristics of the business and display knowledge, imagination and commercial awareness in identifying opportunities for improving its efficiency and profitability;
- Provide a support / partnering service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions;
- Ensure spending is kept in line with the budgets;
- Monitor the AP and AR functions to ensure working capital is maximised;
- Monitor the Payroll function;
- Modelling and commenting on company processes to aid decision making; and
- Managing and overseeing all statutory compliance, including the audit process.
- Assist with annual audit and preparation of schedules;
- Ensure accounting system, OCR and Job Costing System are utilised.
Professional Qualifications / Relevant Experience
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within a similar role;
- Recognised qualification in Accounting (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or similar;
- Background in engineering industry is desirable.
KEY SKILLS (e.g. relevant qualifications, experience, knowledge)
Attributes and Technical Skills:
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and liaise with individuals and departments as required;
• Good organisational skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
• Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines – time management skills;
• Self-motivating and able to work accurately at speed;
• Commitment to continuous improvement of processes;
• Positive attitude and reliable approach towards work;
• Excellent communication skills with both junior and senior members of staff;
• IT literate with a high level of competence in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications;
• Excellent presentation skills;
• Ability to take full ownership of accounts finance function;
• Create financial discipline and awareness throughout the business.
Professional Qualifications / Relevant Experience:
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience within a similar role;
• Recognised qualification in Accounting (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or similar;
• Background in engineering industry is desirable.
- Accepts ownership, is accountable and delivers on commitments
- Self-motivated with no supervision
- Business driven
- Works effectively as part of a team