Deputy IT Manager
The On Line Group comprises of a number of private limited companies. A team of four permanent staff manage currently between 200-250 workstations located across four local sites interlinked with fibre optic cable. Most of the support is carried out remotely but visits to sites can be required so a driving licence is essential. The clustered windows servers are maintained by a service company, but the IT staff are responsible for first line support and maintenance.
The successful candidate should:
- Hold a computing degree or have extensive equivalent proven professional experience
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous professional development
Background & Experience
The successful candidate should have:
- Extensive experience in IT infrastructures, technical resources and operations covering network (data & voice), telecommunications, server, storage, backup, database, virtualisation and software distribution.
- Experience of Continuity Management and Disaster Recovery.
- Good communicator and team player
- ISO27001 awareness and compliancy preferred.
- Deputise for IT Manager during absence and holidays
- 1st line support for Windows Server 2012 – 2019
- SQL server desirable but not essential
- Working with IT Service Desk ticket system.
- Knowledge/configuration of VLANS and interlinked internal networks
- Computer Workstation building, creating system build operating system images
- Microsoft Cluster server awareness and failover techniques (servers are managed by service company)
- Network cabling, patching into sockets etc.
- Windows 10 desktop support
- Ability to work under pressure and work within a team
- Assist with the collation of KPI’s
- Office 365 experience
- Following procedures to ensure ISO27001 compliancy at all times
- Network printer configuration within server environments
- Backup Exec, NAS box awareness
- Avaya IP Telephony user configurations
£27,000 - £30,000 per annum
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org