Showing archives for: January 2018
Jon’s 2017 triathlon season
Piping Engineer, Jon Dixon who works for On Line Design, has had his most successful year to date. During the year he has run a total of 1540 miles (equivalent to over 60 marathons), cycled 3,458 miles (equivalent to cycling from Lands’ End to John O’Groats and back twice) and swum a total of 182 miles which is approximately the distance from the Hull office to central London.
Before the season began, Jon set himself an ambitious list of targets most of which he achieved, including the following highlights:-
- • Achieved Ironman All World Athlete Status. (Showing he is in the top 10% of Ironman athletes worldwide)
• Ironman All Country Athlete Status. (An indication that Jon is one of the top 10% of athletes in Great Britain)
• Win (Age Group) at Grantham Triathlon.
• 2nd Place (Age Group) at Great Grimsby Dock Swim.
• 2nd Place Overall at Nottingham City Triathlon (A televised race, showcasing a future Olympic and World Championship format)
• Currently 24th fastest Sprint Triathlete in his category in the Country (Jon is hoping to build on this before May when the Great Britain team is selected)
• Competed in the Triathlon England National Aquathlon Championships.
Along with his season highlights Jon also achieved personal bests in each discipline of triathlon in standalone races. The only outstanding goal that Jon gave himself is to be selected to represent Great Britain in triathlon for 2018. The team selection for this has been deferred to May, giving himself more time to move up the rankings from his current place of 24th.
Jon has expressed his thanks to On Line Group for their support and said, “The support from On Line Group has most certainly made a difference and allowed me to select and use the most suitable equipment, I am sure my results were attributable to that fact. I am already building my goals for 2018, the highlight of which is to be selected for the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon in San Francisco. This is a prestigious race that is televised and is world famous, I will be racing alongside many professional athletes, but firstly I am working hard to secure my place in the Great Britain Team for 2018!”
The On Line Group would like to wish Jon good luck throughout his 2018 season. You can follow Jon and get regular updates on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter @jontriathlon